Voir le sujet précédentAller en basVoir le sujet suivant
John
John
Médiateur

Inde : Un étudiant affirme avoir developpé une puce capable de faire tourner un système d'exploitation. Empty Inde : Un étudiant affirme avoir developpé une puce capable de faire tourner un système d'exploitation.

par John Mer 19 Fév 2014 - 23:20
A student of Little Flower School, Hatigaon, Afreed, who will be appearing for his Class X CBSE examinations beginning March 3, claimed that his invention (named Revo Book) replaced both mechanical and electronic hard disk drives with a microchip that also doubles as a storage unit and therefore does not run the risk of data loss or system crash. He has also developed an operating system and has named it ReVo IX which he has installed on the microchip. He claimed that it features faster execution speed, an inbuilt firewall and stands as a complete independent operating system. Afreed said he has applied for a patent.

“A hard disk drive always runs the risk of data loss as it has moving parts which may crash due to shock and also when brought in a strong magnetic field. However, the microchip has no moving parts and is also not influenced by magnetic field, therefore there is little risk of data loss of the microchip-run computing system invented by Afreed,” explained Anupam Barman, Senior Systems Consultant at the Assam Electronics Development Corporation Limited, who was also present at the launch of Afreed’s invention.

“The idea to develop the system came to my mind first when I was studying in Class VII and encountered some problems while operating the computers which my parents had bought for me,” said Afreed. He said he had collaborated with a German company for manufacturing the computer system.

Siddhartha Debnath, a scientist at the Patent Information Centre of the Assam Science Technology and Environment Council (ASTEC), said that Afreed’s invention fulfilled all basic eligibility criteria for submission of a patent application.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/schoolboy-invents-computer-system/article5700785.ece

"Qui a construit Thèbes aux sept portes ? Dans les livres, on donne les noms des Rois. Les Rois ont-ils traîné les blocs de pierre ? [...] Quand la Muraille de Chine fut terminée, Où allèrent ce soir-là les maçons ?" (Brecht)
"La nostalgie, c'est plus ce que c'était" (Simone Signoret)
Voir le sujet précédentRevenir en hautVoir le sujet suivant